Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Feelings of Fall

Fall has never been a favorite season of mine, even though it is filled with some of my favorite holidays, I still have never loved it. Fall is a mixture of weather. Some days it will be so cold and snowy that you don't want to leave your house. Other days will be so warm that the heat teases you because you know winter is around the corner and there are snow storms in the way of next spring and summer. Fall is also a mixture of changes. I got out my winter clothes and put my summer ones away. I have started into my midterms which means I am spending more time at the library. And lastly the year is coming to an end. The end of the year is always exciting to me, with a hint of sadness. I like "starting fresh" with the new year, but I also get sad because I know everyone I know is going to be another year older. I love getting older and seeing what each age brings, but I want everyone around me to stay the same. Kristy and Lisa are applying for college right now. My oldest nephew will be 4! And my parents are about to reach 50. Sometimes I wish I could slow down time. Life is always moving and I just have to try and keep up with it.

Because the new year is on its way I have decided a couple of goals that I hope I can accomplish starting them now. Why do we have to wait for a new year to set goal? Here they are:
1. Do P90X for 90 days
2. Go off sugar while I do P90x
3. Run a half marathon in April

Hopefully I can do all these. Wish me luck!

Feelings of the new semester: Not loving school this time around. I feel like my tests and everything are going well, it is just that this semester is the first time I have questioned what I am really going to do with my future. I think that once I know what that is I will be more confident and love school. Also...social life...what is that? Haha. Yeah haven't really found a "group" here yet...still working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Love your thoughts on Fall. You are so your father's daughter when you speak about everyone getting older! And...good luck with your goals! Sounds like a great plan. Love you Stace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Stacey, fall is an interesting season. Don't be afraid of trying to figure out what you are going to do with your life, be excited. Yours is a future of limitless possibilities, don't be afraid or shy of that...embrace it. So you don't know where you are going to be in 5 or 10 years, who does? Don't be afraid to change courses, you don't have to have everything figured out at this very moment. You're awesome Stacey, and btw, social life is way overrated...I hear, I never had one either.

    ReplyDelete