Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

I am very humbled today. Sometimes I get really selfish and I think I'm the only one who is struggling with this life and I get to a point where I think I know what's best for me. I get impatient and I start getting down about my situation in life. Today I had one of those "ah-ha" moments. Some girl was giving her testimony and talking about her mom who had cancer. I wanted to cry and just leave the room because I felt so selfish. All day I had been fasting for what seemed like "big problems" and I just realized how little they were. I know that my struggles are real and that they mean something to me, but sometimes I get so caught up in them I don't look around to see who may need my help. Why do I think I'm the only one who is not getting asked on dates? Or the only one who is struggling for direction in their life? I am not alone. I know my Heavenly Father loves me, but he also loves everyone around me. I hope and pray that I can be a little less selfish from this day on and try to help others feel loved. I know that today my prayers were answered. Of course they weren't answered in the way I would have liked them to have been, but I know in God's way he answered my prayer. I love this gospel. I love the joy and happiness that is in my life. I love my family and friends. I love the Savior.

I'm just trying my hardest to get a bit better at this thing called life one step at a time.

1 comment: