Sunday, July 25, 2010

life as i know it

So life really does throw you curve balls sometimes. I was engaged, and the whole situation feels surreal to me, but then again the pain is real so I know it did happen. However, I am hopeful. If I had lost my hope I probably wouldn't be around. I have a testimony that God has a plan for me. I am excited to see what he has in store for me. So I thought I found my Mr. Right, but God really knew better then me. Through this whole process God showed me that I can love. He showed me that even when you think life couldn't get better it does, but then it can turn around just as fast. And that is why it's important to trust in the Lord at all times. Some people say they would be bitter about this whole thing, and I realize I could very easily be bitter. But that is no way to live. I am choosing to look at the good and to look forward and keep my life going. Don't take me wrong, I have moments where this all feels very overwhelming, but I don't let those moments last very long. I have spent more time on my knees then standing these days. I pray for strength and I know God has supplied me with that.

I don't really know what the point of this post is, but I felt the need to write it. I think mostly it's for me. I know God lives. I know that Christ is by my side encouraging me to endure to the end. I know that the family unit is the most important thing on this earth. I know that this trial of mine will be short in the term of everything, and that life will move forward. I am grateful for my testimony and knowledge of the gospel. It's the only thing that is getting me through this.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Stacy. What a powerful testimony that you have. I am so impressed by your strength and your faith. You are a great example to me.

    ReplyDelete