Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dam Lake (aka Lake Powell)

Explanation of title: Lake Powell is created by a dam. We went to a restaurant called the "Dam Bar & Grill." My family got a kick out of swearing about the "dam food," "dam fries", "dam drink." It was the most my family has ever sworn...so I felt it appropriate to name this blog post: Dam Lake.


On the way there we drove up this really pretty mountain pass and we saw the backside of Zion National park. I thought it was cool...so we took a picture. We also ran into this little village called, "Duck Creek Village." I'm going back. It was so cute.


Tubing is always a favorite of mine :)
So Lake Powell was full of a lot of different things. Each morning I'd wake up to the bright sun(we had a house boat my grandparents rented). From there it was like 80-100 degrees outside. It was hot! The water was perfect. We only had one really windy day, but the rest were awesome.

We had both my Dad's brothers families with us.



We took a long boat ride one day to go to Cathedral Canyon and Rainbow Bridge. Both were amazing!

Cathedral Canyon was this narrow passageway


The rocks on either side were like 1,000 feet up! It was so cool to drive through


Largest natural bridge in the WORLD!     




    I love Lake Powell! I could spend the whole summer there! I have actually thought about getting a job there next summer...we'll see! But living on a lake for a week...ya that is a fantastic way to live your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment