Monday, October 10, 2011

going back to BYU

That's right! Stacy's back. And happier as ever. So the wedding planner stuff....still a passion that I may just do for fun and not as a career. But I've decided what I really want to do. It came to me after weeks of thinking, praying and finally listening to conference. I was just looking through all the majors that BYU had to offer and when I came to the S category I saw, "Special Education." When I read it...it felt right. I looked at the classes needed, and it's doable. I think I got this. It may take me another 2 years to graduate, cause I'm only barely a Junior in credits..but that is okay! My sociology credits aren't a waste either...I only have to take one more sociology class and BAM I'll have a sociology minor. Woot woot.

I've been really happy since I've decided my new major. I'm grateful for the time the Lord has given me to struggle a bit. For a while there I felt like the rug was pulled from underneath me and I landed on hard concrete. But while I struggled, I really came to know God's love for me and how much worth He sees in me.

I know that I wasn't supposed to go to school this semester. It has been an opportunity for me to grow and learn more about myself. I don't think I would've sold my contract if I didn't think I was going on a mission...crazy how dots connect when you look back. I'm excited to go back to school in the winter, I'll still be living at home...which is great cause I love my singles ward! Things are good. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Stacy! Doesn't it feel good to know what you're supposed to do? I'm so glad that you were able to figure everything out!

    ReplyDelete