Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Perfect Day

Have you ever had a perfect day? I did this summer. July 4, 2012. It was perfect from beginning to end. Looking back at my summer, that was by far my favorite day. Nothing extraordinary happened, but I was completely happy that whole day.

It started out with a morning breakfast with my family and my good friend. After breakfast, my friend and I took a long walk. It was so hot, and I even got sun burnt on this walk...but during the walk my friend and I just had a lot of deep conversations about life, religion, faith, and relationships. After the walk my friend and I chilled for a bit, and just relaxed at my house. We then decided to go see a movie...can't remember what movie we saw...but I just love going to the movie theaters...so anytime that happens I'm happy. After the movie we walked to Applebee's from my friend's apartment. I love Applebee's...some people complain about it, but I like it. After dinner it was getting dark so we hurried back to my friend's apartment and watched fireworks from their deck. After watching fireworks we then watched a movie, and then I went home.

Nothing special...but that good friend and I spent the day doing exactly what both of us wanted to do. We weren't rushed, we took our time with things, had lots of thought-provoking conversations and just enjoyed one another.

I write about this experience because I want to remember that the simple things in life are what make it so grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment