Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TMD

Urban Dictionary will define it as the following:

Too Much Drama
Too Much Drugs
Territorial Missile Defense
or
The Muslim Dream

But it really stands for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder. Basically it is stressed induced, and it causes a lot of pain in the jaw joint. When I say a lot...I mean A LOT! Don't get stressed guys...it's not worth it. I didn't think I was stressed, but I guess I have been and have had the TMJ (Tmeporomandibular Joint) has "flared" up and it hurts a lot.

Did I mention I have been in pain? Yeah, one night I had to take a sleeping pill at 4 pm to knock me out because the pain was so bad. I have gotten a massage on my jaw and neck and it has helped, and I'm going to get another massage today.

So while you all eat Thanksgiving dinner this week, I want you to be thankful for the ability to chew...cause I can't without extreme pain. But honestly, it is times like this that I'm amazed with the human body and the blessings I have to be able run, walk and usually chew without pain. It is the small things in life, that can make things big. Who would of thought that a tiny joint in the jaw could affect so much of my life? I'm grateful that I don't feel this pain year-round, and that it only comes ones in a while and modern medicine can help me manage it.

On another note...I only have 2 more weeks of school, then finals! I can't believe the semester is almost done! Then I will have 3 weeks of a break, and I can't wait for that! Good things are coming! I love the Christmas season. It is a good time to reflect on the things that really matter in life and serving and loving those around us!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment