Saturday, December 11, 2010

"I've got my own sad story..."

I was thinking of having this post in my private journal blog, but I decided other wise.

I watched this weeks Bones episode (which btw is my favorite TV series) and it made me think a lot. There was a conversation at the end of the episode and it went something like this....
Security guard, "So how did it turn out?"
Bones, "Good...but I'm sad."
Security guard, "Well better to be sad then dead, and better then being dead inside. At least you felt something."
Bones, "How do you know that?"
Security guard, "I've got my own sad story, just like everyone else."

The beauty of life is the feelings we feel inside ourselves. To be numb inside is no way to live. Recently I have found a new friend that we've both shared our "sad stories" with one another. I've learned a lot. I've learned that "sad stories" give you new perspective in life, that they make you appreciate the "good stories" that much more.

This life is not about having a sad story, but rather having a happy story. But with all happy endings there is always many sad events along the way. I'm grateful for my sad story. It has brought new joy and meaning to life for me. I know with each sad or happy story I can learn something and I know in the end I will be happy...so happy I'll want to burst with happiness! The sad stories are needed, and I'm grateful for them.

So yes I've had a couple sad stories in my life...but that doesn't mean I'm a sad person. I'm actually quite happy and excited about life. Life is just full of surprises, some good, some bad...but that is what makes life exciting and worth living. If it was predictable and full of mediocre experience...I think I'd be a bit bored.

There is always something to be happy about. Even when the "sad stories" are unfolding, my testimony of Jesus Christ is my source of happiness. I'm so grateful for His sacrifice and Atonement. Because of it I know that in the end I will have a happy ending and things will be so joyous I wont know what to do with myself. This Christmas season is a great time to be reminded of Christ's life and the beauty of His example. I hope that I can make this season as special as possible.

2 comments: