Saturday, April 9, 2011

Recipe of Happiness

Smile.
Laugh as often as you can.
Treat yourself to dessert here and there.
Don't be afraid to sing in the car (with or without people in it).
Be grateful for the weather (just find something about you like about it each day).
Have a good play list on your ipod.
Have good friends that will say silly things to you.
Make memories that you can look back on and be happy about.
Always dance like no one is watching.
Make children laugh and giggle.
Play soccer (or do some active activity).
Pray to God morning and night and every minute in between. 
Learn to love the scriptures.
Don't procrastinate. 
Take naps.
Don't get worked up over little mistakes people make.
Let past relationships go ("You must say good-bye to the wrong guy, to say hello to the right guy").
Look for heroes in you life you can always look up to. 
Write in a journal. 
Look back on past entries of your journal.
Cry when you want to.
Give meaningful compliments to people.
Tell the people you love that you love them often.
Be confident with the skin your in (no matter what the size, you are beautiful).
Learn about things you love to learn about.
Forgive people quickly, and let it go.
Be obsessed about life.
Be in love with who you are. 


A great friend of mine the other day told me that she could tell I was happy. She had seen me at low points of my life, and she had noticed a difference. I am grateful that I am happy. It was a goal of mine I've been working on since a tragedy in my life came about. After my friend told me the difference she saw I began to ponder about what things I did in my life to make me happy...and this is the list I came up with. No, I am not perfect at everyone of them, but I have all them in mind and am working to be good at each of these. Life is good. It is meant to be enjoyed, even when you feel like you're just "enduring." Well keep enduring, and while your at it--live, laugh and love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Great post Stacy. Love it. Love YOU!! Dad read this post along with me and he says, "Great articulation of who Stacy is. It was very insightful to read." We both love you Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete