Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where I am at...

Mission: I know it would be an amazing experience...and for a while there I thought it was my only option in life. I'm realizing more and more that a mission is not my only option.  I think part of me felt like because I wasn't married, dating anyone and was not loving school that the only option I had was to go on a mission...as soon as I had the realization that I could do whatever I wanted...things got complicated and confusing...but eye opening.

College: I love my major..but that's it. What in the world am I really going to do with a Sociology degree? Seriously. I'd have to get a Masters and seeing how long its taking me to get my bachelors...I just don't see a Masters in my future. So, what do I do? Drop out of BYU? Crazy. But...it's an option.

Work: I love my job...but do I really want a career with website and mobile apps? Sitting at a computer all day?...Honestly, I like interacting with people. I already feel like my wrists aren't cut out for being on a computer all the time. For now, the job I have is a great opportunity for me to grow and learn...so I'll keep it til I really find something I love.

Wedding Planning: So I have this dream...about becoming a wedding planner. But where to begin? I've researched some schooling options for it...there is an online course that will take me under a year to finish and then I'll be a certified wedding planner....but so what? I need experience. I need to find a local internship that I can really get hands on experience with. If you know anyone in the business that would like an intern let me know! I'd do it for free.

Future: So here are my thoughts these days. Sometimes I will think about everything at once and get really depressed and overwhelmed (hence my quarter life crisis). I feel like just going to sleep and waking up 10 years later when I'm married, have kids and am living the dream. But I can't...and I wont. I need to enjoy my moments in life now. I want to do things that make me happy. Going to Europe makes me happy. Playing soccer makes me happy. Being around family and friends make me happy. I'm a simple girl. I don't need a lot. I just need to realize I do have options....and that whatever path I choose I know Heavenly Father will support me if it is right. And right now...all paths seem good...we'll see. I know that this semester off school is good for me, and it's helping me understand myself a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment