Monday, September 3, 2012

The Start of New

Well I finished my first week back at BYU. I have started my new major and am loving my program! I have classes with basically the same people every day, but they are all great and in love with Special Ed like me, so it is wonderful!

I've been to my new ward twice now, and it has been good. There are about twice of many guys as girls (that's a plus), all the girls have basically been on missions (which is cool, but can be intimidating) and the Bishopric is super friendly and approachable.

I have been waiting all week to hear back for the new job I applied to. Hopefully this fall I will be working at the MTC as a teacher....just kidding! No, I will be working at the MTC but in their technology department. Kinda cool. The guy who interviewed me gave me confidence that I would most likely get the job. I emailed him this week and he said he was waiting on HR. So...hopefully I will hear from them next week!

I love my new house I'm living in. Four girls, big kitchen, one bathroom, laundry room, lots of storage, dishwasher and plenty of space to make it work! My new roommates are all about 3 years younger then me, but I love them. Probably the best group of girls I have lived with. My room roommate is Erin. She is pretty great. We have a lot in common, and have had fun together so far. We have been calling each other soul mates...so ya that should explain a lot.

This fall a lot of the Highland friends are living in Provo. It has been fun to have them around to hang out with. This first week of school I found myself a little bored...I got my homework done quick and then found myself with nothing to do. So it was nice to have some old friends around. I'm still working on getting new friends...but its hard.

I feel like this fall will be good. Once I get more in the groove of things, I think all these new things will come together and it'll be my favorite semester yet! 

1 comment:

  1. What a happy and exciting update! I envy your house having a dishwasher! I'm going on 3 years of doing dishes by hand.

    Hope things continue to be awesome for you, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete