Friday, June 5, 2009

Once When I Was Little

Ever since I was 5 years old quading/fourwheeling has been a part of my life. I remember driving this little 80 around! I was so young. As years went on my family got into Sand Dunning. We went all over; Idaho, Oregon, Utah, California and Nevada. We tried out pretty much every major dunes in those states. At one point we had a 5 quads and a Sandrail. Every vocation was a dream. We would go with other families and just go camping for a couple days while riding around on the Dunes. 
Then we moved to Utah. I am not complaining, but I think that's where things changed. We didn't have our usual friends to go with to the Dunes, and most of the best Dunes were in California. So slowly we sold our quads. And then my Dad went through a law suite. That's when we sold everything...including the Sandrail :( Our days of quading were over. 
However, a new hobby came about for the Scott's. Jeeping. Jeeping in Moab is our new hobby, and I love it. That's where the idea of getting a Razor came about. My dad bought a Razor S. Today we went up in the Canyon and drove on some trails. I felt like I was in my childhood again. Ah. Going up there was gorgeous! And I had a blast spending time with my dad. The nice thing about this Razor is you can have conversations while driving. I think I will always have a desire to be around something with 4 wheels that can go fast and make it where cars can't. I always joke about how I want my husband to own a Motorcycle...and its true. I just thrive on the thrill of Motorcycles, jeeps and quads...and now razors! Maybe I owe it all to my dad for putting me on a quad when I was 5 years old. But I thank him for that, because I think it has made me more daring and adventurous and I love that!
This is a Razor S in case you guys were wandering. 

Also...American Fork Canyon....SO PRETTY. I knew that, but I was definitely reminded today while up there. Love it. I need to take more advantage of it. 

2 comments:

  1. Those things are crazy! They look way fun. Maybe someday when I'm rich ill get one and we can go together but not right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely need to update your shelf.

    ReplyDelete