Thursday, March 17, 2011

the cootie catcher made me cry

Today I got home from work to find this...


It was folded up and placed on my door. It had my name on it so I took it! (It was a giant cootie catcher if you can't tell) I have had a couple rough days...and who knew that angels made cootie catchers?? I opened it and read all the "fortunes" and I honestly cried a little. My sweet friends made this for me. I don't think they knew the struggles I was struggling with but some how this cootie catcher fixed them all


You know that quote where it says "friends are angels..blah blah," well its true...they are angels!

Some of the fortunes inside the cootie catcher:

You will score a million goals in soccer
You will create a masterpiece of art
You will go on an unexpected adventure
Your smile will light up many lives
You will become all you desire
Your laid-backness will enrich many lives
You will always be loved
You will graduate college
You will have a happily ever after

Today I also had a friend send me a quote via text...it said, "Letting go doesn't mean moving on. It's one of the hardest things a person can do. We feel that letting go is giving up, quitting, and that as we all know is cowardly. But as we grow older we are forced to change our way of thinking. We are forced to realize that letting go means accepting things that can't be. It means maturing and moving on, no matter how hard you have to fight yourself to do so."

I love friends, and I have some of the best in the world.

1 comment:

  1. That made me cry some too! How sweet! I am thankful for your friends, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete