Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ruin is a Gift

"Maybe my life hasn't been so chaotic. It's just the world that is and the only real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation."  -Eat. Pray. Love

I watched the movie Eat. Pray. Love. today. This quote stuck out to me, and I kept thinking about it. It is true though...I know that in my life, each time I'm faced with "ruins," after that I am transformed into something greater. I know my trials may seem little and non-significant to others, but for me they are real, and the feelings that come with each of the trials are never forgotten. I know that I am being transformed into someone different then I was before the each "ruin" that comes through. Each of my trials have made me who I am, and have made me realize who I want to become.

Life is good when you really look at the big picture of things. How great it is to live this wonderful world. So many different lives being lived, so many different stories to be told and so many people with experiences only they can understand. 

I'm grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel. I know that there is a plan and a purpose for each soul that comes to this earth. I know we are to be happy in this life, but to truly know happiness we must understand sadness...so I'm grateful for hard times and all the "ruins" in my life. 

Think of the "ruins" in your life as pieces of art--master pieces that have shaped your life.


1 comment:

  1. love this post. I actually wrote a similiar post today, quite a coincidence

    ReplyDelete