Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chocolate

"Chocolate" by Snow Patrol has always been one of my all time favorite songs. Here are the lyrics:

This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home

With a name I'd never chosen
I can make my first steps
As a child of 25

This is the straw, final straw in the
Roof of my mouth as I lie to you
Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean
I didn't enjoy it at the time

You're the only thing that I love
It scares me more every day
On my knees I think clearer

Goodness knows I saw it coming
Or at least I'll claim I did
But in truth I'm lost for words

What have I done it's too late for that
What have I become truth is nothing yet
A simple mistake starts the hardest time
I promise I'll do anything you ask...this time

Love it...the music video puts the whole song together:


This song can be interpreted in so many ways. I think it’s called chocolate...because many people love chocolate, even though they knows it is not good for them. I think we all have those guilty pleasures in life that we probably would be better without having.
In the song it’s obvious the person has made mistakes, but wants to become better for the one he loves. In the music video it is the end of the world...and it’s showing everyone in their last few minutes of life. What would you do? Who would you apologize to? What would you say? Who would you spend your time with?

I have always loved the philosophy of not putting off something that you want to do or say. Life is too short to wait around for the perfect moment...the perfect moment is now! So live your life they way you want your life to turn out as. (hope that made sense)

Also....what does disappointment come from? Having expectations. I always get hurt or disappointed cause I expected too much. I wish I could expect nothing, so when something great does happen...it’s just that much greater!





1 comment:

  1. oh my, I love this! Thank you for bringing it under the light for me!

    ReplyDelete