Monday, May 11, 2009

In Memory of...

Today is the year anniversary of George Wright’s death. Just a little background for those who don't know...George was like my second dad. The Wrights and my family have been close ever since I was like 2. George's daughter is Sabrina, she has been like sister since I was 2 years old. Overall, I couldn't call the Wright family just friends, they are Family to me. When George died it was unexpected/expected...He had been struggling with Cancer for 2 years, but he ended up dying of a Heart Attack. May 11, 2008 was Mother's Day. I remember going to church that day, and my dad telling my sisters and me the news of George's death. I had never experience death so close before. It changed my life. I learned what really matters: family. I learned not to take advantage of life's little joys like movies, friends, laughter, food, ect. At George's funeral I left wanting to be a better person. George was one of those people that when he came into a room, his personality was bigger than the room. He loved everyone like they were his family. He was tough on people because he knew they could be better than him. He was not a perfect man, but he tried his hardest to influence others to be perfect. He loved movies. Because of him I love going to midnight premiers, talking about movies for hours and just sitting and watching movies at anytime of the day. Even though George is not physically in my life, he will always be in life. I will miss him when I go to Kale's (his youngest son) mission farewell, or when I go to Sabrina's wedding. I will even miss him at my wedding, and the family gatherings our families will have in the future. President Hinckley said, “Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." I believe that’s how George lived life. George I hope you knew how much I loved and admired you as a Father, Husband, and Friend. Love you George.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto Stacy, great tribute. We are all better people because we knew George. He will be at your wedding Stacy.

    ReplyDelete