Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The World You Love


This all may seem totally cheesy or what not...but this is what is truly on my mind. Today I watched Stardust. I have loved this movie since the first time I saw it in theaters. There is this quote that Yvaine says in the movie. She says:

"You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, seen centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... Made me want to turn away and never look down again. But to see the way that mankind loves... I mean, you could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So, yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan, is... I think I love you. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange — no gifts, no goods, no demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me, too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine."

I love this. Sometimes in this world its easy to get down about all the evil that is happening around us. I know its simple, but the Beatles say it best when they say, "All you need is love." I know the love that I have for the people in my life feels endless. As Yvaine explains, "It feels like my chest can barely contain it." I am going to hold on to that love. I hope my friends and family know how much I love them. I would do anything for them. I hope more people in this world know how it is to love and be loved. I think its a beautiful thing. 

This world is a beautiful place and there is so much to live for!

---Side note: Watched American Idol tonight...I really hope Kris wins, but I have a horrible feeling Adam will. We will see tomorrow night!


2 comments:

  1. That is my favorite part of the movie. Its so serial.

    This movie and the host have a very similar message. I love anything that can teach you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Stacy, love is all that matters.

    ReplyDelete