Friday, November 11, 2011

can i get your number?

I watched a scene unfold last night. And it made me sick.

My singles ward was playing volleyball. We had a ton of people there, so we had to rotate out so everyone could play. A bit into it 2 girls showed up, dressed in jeans and having that flirty, cheesy laugh going on. My first thought, "Oh geeze." As time went on it was one of the girls turn to rotate in. When she got out she said, "That was the scariest thing in my life." Really? Playing volleyball is scary? Well...the boys loved it! They all started hovering around this girl. When she was on the side lines they'd be right next to her laughing at everything she said. While watching this...I was perplexed...are the guys really going for this? Yes she was cute, but also obviously 18 years old. 18! The boys around her...over 22, one was at least 25.

I know...have more love Stacy. Don't be so judgmental. Stop it with the angry, jealous thoughts. But guess who got a new number...she did. As she was leaving, a guy asked her for her number.

Me? I got nothing. The thing with this scenario is I see it happen over and over again. How do I get the boys attention without changing who I am?...I feel dumb even asking. I feel dumb even writing this. But what the heck...this is my blog and I get to write about anything I want to.

2 comments:

  1. Stacy, you don't want boys who go after girls like that anyway. You want a boy who will like you for you! Let it roll off your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to remember what guys are attracted to the girls that put off an easy, im a dits vibe... Guys that cant get anything else and still in the singles ward.

    ReplyDelete