Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Sistine Chapel is closed on Wednesdays"

Day 9--Rome


Well...the Sistine Chapel was not closed. We got wrong information. So yes, I went to Rome and did not see the Sistine Chapel.

But lets start at the beginning of this day. We woke and were ready to get off the ship at 7 am. We went out...and it was pouring. Pouring. We were outside with umbrellas and were still getting soaked waiting for the shuttle. So we took a vote and decided to sit inside the ship and wait for the down pour to stop. We waited, and then it was heck trying to find a shuttle bus that would take us out of the port. But finally...we made it to the train station.


At the train station a worker told us the Sistine Chapel was closed. But we decided to go on with our day. The day was cut short a bit, but we saw what we could. We started at St. Peter's Basilica, saw the Pope speak and saw the Pieta. 

After that we went to the Pantheon, a couple fountains and saw what we could of Rome. It felt too short, but I was still thankful that I saw Rome. I'll be back someday...I know I will. There is just soo much more to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment